You can retrieve the data from the variables using the
Get Variable Block. For example, get the
data variable widget property value from the Text Field widget.
Get Variable is a reporter block that returns a value. Value can be of any data type.
- On the Logic Canvas, use the Get Variable Block for retrieving the value of a variable. Click on the Configure button in the top left corner to select the variable.
- If the Widget Property variable is chosen, then select the widget from the right-hand side screen widgets panel. Click on the question mark to select the widget.
- Now, again click on the Configure button in the top left corner to select the widget property variable. Choose the
datavariable as a Widget Property variable from the drop down.
- Get Variable block cannot be placed directly above or below another block. It can only be placed inside a block. Usually, it is placed with a Set Variable block. Drag the Get Variable block inside the Set Variable block.
- Other variable values like device variable, global variable can also be retrieved. Choose the Constant Block and write the variable name whose value needs to be retrieved.